Tuesday, January 28, 2014

#4 Keeping Up

I was pretty excited about Flipboard when I first saw it, and I might be missing something, but I'm feeling a little less excited about it now, at least for school use. Flipboard calls itself an "online magazine" and it's pretty cool to customize my flipboard to access topics that are of interest to me. What I can't figure out is how to add specific websites. I was thinking it would be a great research springboard for students…put links to good websites for students but it is more topic based and it appears that the searches are only done through Flipboard. I can't find a way to add the BG homepage, for instance and the search tool shows no results.

Using this for my own use has possibilities. I love the look of the app making Facebook look so much more interesting and "magazineish". I tend to browse specific websites versus topics and I think there may be better options out there for me. I'll come back to this one.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Joan! I also struggled a bit with figuring out how to search for specific items in Flipboard. Towards the bottom of the 23 Mobile Things post, they have collected a few tips for what to do if you can't find something through the search feature (http://23mobilethingsmn.org/the-23-things/4-keeping-up/flipboard/). And, this post from Edublogger seems like it might be of interest too! http://theedublogger.com/2013/06/12/flipboard/

    Let me know if you have any questions!

    -Kaia, 23 Mobile Things Coach

    ReplyDelete