Tuesday, January 28, 2014

#6 Creating and Editing Docs

There are a couple of apps highlighted here that allow users to edit Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint documents. The first is CloudOn. Having a Dropbox account or similar account would make this the most useful as it's a place where all the documents I want to edit or save can be accessed from anywhere. Dropbox is a "cloud" storage spot where documents can be uploaded and accessed from any Internet device. A very functional app to have.

The second app is called QuickOffice which allows the same kind of editing features as CloudOn but the difference seems to be that QuickOffice uses your GoogleApps account to save and store documents. When I access GoogleDrive, I have the option to open the document in QuickOffice to do the editing. It worked on the documents that I tested. It's not a glitzy app but very functional. I'll keep it on my iPad.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Joan,
    I just commented on another one of your posts, but I thought I'd stop by and introduce myself. I'm Kaia, your coach for 23 Mobile Things. I'm really excited that you're in the program. I've enjoyed looking at your posts so far (and I share your love of Evernote), especially the way you've thoughtfully considered how all the apps would be useful for students.

    Let me know if you have any questions as you move forward!

    -Kaia, 23 Mobile Things Coach

    ReplyDelete